Tuesday, March 09, 2010

max workouts in one day = ...

Run 7.25 miles with 2x1 mile, 1x800, 1x400
[1:01 total, splits: 7:11, 7:08, 3:19, 1:30]
This was a very solid run. I was particularly happy to nail the 800 and 400 as the last thing in the workout.

Swim 3500yd
[1:03@ Big Stacy pool]
This was my longest swim of the year so far and my body must be remembering previous training because the distance wasn't a problem at all. My shoulders were a bit sore at the beginning but loosened up.

Pullup-Pushup Challenge
16-21-15-15-25
I'm still doing knee pushups but they are starting to get a lot easier. They are much easier than pullups, even assisted ones with my green band. This was 92 total reps of each and took me about 15 minutes.

Crossfit Nancy
5 rounds of:
400m run
15 Overhead squats

Bomb! After all the other workouts and a full day of work, plus not having eaten enough, I was on empty and had no energy for this. I slogged out the 400s on the track and used PVC pipe for the overhead squats. My body is getting less flexible as I ramp up the swim-bike-run and my range of motion on the OHS is awful. I felt like I cheated by going slow and light. I probably should have just gone home to rest instead. Oh well, the key workouts of the day were good and that's all that matters.

Dinner
quinoa
4 oz lean beef cooked on foreman grill
cabbage, carrots, and garlic
avocado
a lot of hot sauce
blueberries and cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment