Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow!

Run
5.5 miles with 5x800 repeats (2 min rec)
[Splits: 3:30,3:26, 3:24, 3:24, 3:22]

Crossfit Grace
30 clean and jerk
[50lbs, 5:41]

More strength work...
100 situps for time [4:52 - 38 second PR!!]
5x10 pushups [on toes to failure then knee]
5x7 pullups [lightly assisted with feet on wall]

Swim 2400yd

It snowed in Austin this morning - big fluffy flakes that melted as they hit the ground. It was very wet and I decided to hit the treadmill for my run. Yesterday I took an unplanned rest day, slept a lot, and ate a lot. I think I must have needed that because I was able to nail my run repeats with a perfect negative split. I also felt strong for the Crossfit stuff, and did a huge PR on the 100 situps. 

This is week 3 of my training plan and my goal this week is to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night, and continue to work on getting my tri bike set up so I can ride it. I'm waiting on some parts, then I need to get my new aerobar installed, and get a tune-up and fit. I decided to keep my Felt DA this year rather than selling it even though I'm not a huge fan of the carbon frame or the aggressive position. It's the fastest bike around, and I'm going to make it work. The new aerobar will make it a little more comfortable, and I bought a pair of SRAM S80 race wheels so I can be even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment