Friday, February 26, 2010

burpee breakthrough

Crossfit 7's
7 rounds for time:
7 burpees
7 squats
[6:32]
I had a breakthrough in my burpee technique today. Until now I have been stepping back instead of jumping to go down, then jumping to get up. Stepping is a lot slower than jumping so I decided that it is time to stop using it as a crutch. The mind is a powerful thing, and I was able to do it no problem. I kept my legs a little further apart and that made it much easier - less flexibility required. I did all of these sets jumping and it actually made the burpees easier than they used to feel. You know what? I think that I *like* burpees!


Pushup Challenge
12-13-10-10-15
I have realized that my original goal of 100 real pushups in 6 weeks is not realistic for me. I couldn't even do the workouts in the second week. It is now week 3 and am now aiming for 100 knee pushups. That will be an accomplishment itself. After I do that, I can restart the challenge with real pushups.


Swim 3000yd
[57 minutes]
- 150/200/250/200/150 with 20 sec rec, even stroke count [16-17 strokes/25yd]
- 3x150 negative split [2:27,2:23,2:18]
- 10x25 hard on 30 seconds [all 20-21 sec]
It took my shoulders about 20 minutes to get warm and forget about the fact that they had just done 49 burpees and 50 pushups. After that this swim felt good.  Last time I trained my stroke count, I was always around 18 / 25yds. Now, 16 feels normal. I can tell I am more in tune with stretching and rolling on each stroke to take advantage of how far I can go with my long arms. Yay for progress there.

No comments:

Post a Comment