Saturday, March 27, 2010

Race report and photos

Champions Olympic Distance Triathlon
1500m swim (25min)
42k bike (1:20)
6.2 mile run (46min)
[2:34 total]
1st place age group 30-34
5th female overall

I had a very solid race today - hard steady effort throughout, no logistical or gear issues, smooth fast transitions, nutrition was good. The swim was cold (~60 degrees) but I was going so hard and thinking about swimming straight with good form that I didn't really have time to notice. The bike course was gently rolling with a lot of turns, a lot of wind, and variably bumpy road surfaces. I was glad to have my tri bike so I could get down and be as aero as possible.

The run was two laps on a trail around the lake. The sun came out so it started to get warm, but the wind was still strong which meant that half of each lap had a headwind. The tailwind was very nice when running the other way. Mo came with me to spectate and told me my current placement each time she saw me so I knew I was 5th going in to the run. I would have liked to move up a few places but I couldn't make up 3 minutes and ended up 5th overall.

My final time of 2:34 was a 2 minute PR for this distance, but it was on a course where the bike course was 2k longer. I was trying to go under 2:30 and probably would have done it on a standard distance course.



Transition area

Coming out of the swim

Halfway through the run


Coming in to the finish

Hello podium

Post-race

No comments:

Post a Comment