Thursday, March 25, 2010

all good

Swim 3200yd
[59:39]
Main set: 5x300@4:23,4:24,4:24,4:28,4:33
My goal pace for those was 4:30 so I came in just under that as an average. 4:23 may even be a PR. For the amount that I am swimming these days (relatively little), I can't believe that I am able to tie and set PRs... could it be all the pushups and pullups? No doubt that all the Crossfit has dramatically increased my upper body strength. This is all good.

Bike roughly 60 minutes, roughly 15 miles
No numbers today, I just went out on my road bike and got my legs moving. I am fairly tight and sore from Tuesday, even after the massage yesterday. It was sunny but very windy, and felt good to work.

--
Champions olympic distance triathlon: T - two days. I can count on one hand the number of olympic distance races I have done in the past. Maybe 3? 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6 mile run. It's a challenging distance because you go almost as hard as in a sprint distance race, but for twice as long. Honestly, it's not my favorite distance, but it's a great way to build fitness because you are at lactate threshold the whole time. i.e. it sucks and you think you might vomit. Those are always opportunities not to be missed, right?

That said... I am excited to race and see where my fitness is at right now. I want to practice putting it all together. So tonight I need to get a good long night of sleep, and then tomorrow I will get all my race gear together and write out my race plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment