Saturday, February 06, 2010

Run+Barbara+

Run 5 miles easy
[about 42 min]
A nice warmup jog around Town Lake to start off the morning, joined by Crossfit rockstar Bonita.

Crossfit "Barbara"+
5 rounds with 2 minutes rest between each round:
400m run
10 pullups (assisted)
20 burpees
30 kettlebell swings (25lbs)
40 sit ups
50 squats
[10:47, 10:52, 11:16, 10:44, 10:21]

Today was my third time joining the Saturday Crossfit Tribe Workout at Austin High. We never know the workout until we get there so it could be anything. They are all hard. This was the longest duration Crossfit workout I have done, and lasting about an hour, it was a complete mental game. The goal was to have a consistent time for all 5 rounds.

In rounds 1 and 2, I had my doubts that I could even do the whole thing. Round 3 was the hardest for me to break through, mentally and physically. I was getting grumpy and irritable, but then I turned on my super focus and cranked out the last rounds with determination. By round 4, I was starting to feel good and after the last round I realized I had more in the tank. I probably could have done a few more rounds at the same pace.... not that I wanted to. I am definitely going to be feeling those 250 squats in my legs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment