Thursday, June 22, 2006

great run, great swim

Run - 14.5 miles, 2:07 - flat and rolling hills
Swim - 4000m, 1:15

Both workouts today were awesome! I stayed strong until the end on the run and had a fairly good pace considering the hills. I wasn't going super easy, but it felt comfortable the whole time. I ran from home to the Arboretum, did the 6.2 mile loop, and then ran back home. I tried a new gel - AccelGel Kiwi Strawberry and it kind of tasted like yogurt. It had protein in it and didn't taste like eating a spoonful of sugar which was a nice change. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the packets are filled with excess air, so they are bulkier than other gels to carry.

I had a great swim too. I am working on keeping my forearm and hand in alignment during the catch and pull phase of the stroke in order to generate more power. I am also trying to make sure that I am always rotating enough. Like on the run, I was going at a very manageable pace, pushing myself just a bit. This gives me confidence that I will be able to use my Ironman swim (3800m) as a warmup for the rest of the race and still be around my goal pace of 1:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment