Saturday, February 20, 2010

3 hours with no gels or bars

Bike 2:30
2x10 min Z5 HR (5 min rec), 2x17 min Z3 HR (3 min rec)

I woke up and was excited to go to a group ride with Austin Cycling Association. I was all prepared with my bike and gear, and stepped outside to find it was raining. Ugh. I hadn't even looked out. I debated riding outside anyway, but wasn't sure I could get all the intervals as planned if conditions were bad. Ok, so change of plans. I headed to Pure Austin for a 90 minute spin class followed by 60 minutes on the spin bike on my own. I got in the intervals as planned. The time went by pretty fast. Unfortunately I was dripping in sweat by the end and had some pretty bad chaffing on my behind from the wet shorts. Check it off.

Run 30 mins as 15 min mod, 15 min harder
[3.4 miles as 1.6/1.8]
This was a brick run on the treadmill immediately following the bike. I was getting to the limit of my endurance at this point but the run felt good.

Workout Nutrition:
Breakfast - oatmeal with protein powder and almonds
During workout - 3 bottles water, 1 nuun tablet, 1 banana, 1 packet Justin's Honey Peanut Butter, 1/4 cup raisins
Post workout - smoothie with 2 cups mixed frozen fruit, protein powder, Hammer Recoverite, water

The nutrition worked... no gels or bars! :) The peanut butter was a little heavy in my stomach because I ate the whole package at once, but it was fine after about 5 minutes. I could have split that up. The raisins worked well and tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment