Sunday, January 15, 2006

as promised, boot camp class made me sore

[1/15/06]
Swim - 2000yd, 36:52 - main set as 5 x 100 build, 10 x 50 alternate easy/hard

[1/14/06]
Cross country ski - about 60 minutes
Bike - around town, around 10 miles i think - about 60 minutes

At my boot camp workout on Friday, the trainer said that since it was my first time at the class, I should go easy or I would be so sore that I wouldn't be able to do anything for a week. I only partially listened to this... and now only some of my muscles will be out of commission for a week. My hip flexors, glutes, and calves feel like I just ran a hard marathon. I had trouble walking yesterday. I actually think of it as a good thing because the class allowed me to find some weak spots in my body that need to be worked on. The fact that my upper body is not sore at all makes me think I have been doing a good job strengthening it with weight-lifting. I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day because I feel pretty toasted overall after pushing my body through the weekend workouts despite my sore legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment