Tuesday, June 27, 2006

foot cramps=short swim

Run - 6 mi, 56 min - 2 x 800@3:30, 4 x 400@1:32, 1:35, 1:36, 1:31, 2 miles tempo run down to 8 min pace
Swim - 1800yd, 32:30

My run speed still feels a little rusty but I was really happy with my 400 splits today. 1:31 is a 6:04 pace! I'm not a fast twitch kind of person, so I know that the fact that I could hold that pace for a short distance means that with some increased length speed intervals I will be able to sustain it for race distances.

My swim was a complete bust. I got a foot cramp during the first interval of my main set. I tried to swim easy through it and drink some water. I didn't want to let it ruin my swim. Then I got one in the other foot. I could hardly do my flip turns because there was nothing to push off with. I think foot cramps mean I am dehydrated or out of electrolyte balance or something. I swam with the pull buoy for a little more to make it an even mile, and then called it a day. It was kind of nice to have a short swim for a change. Tomorrow I will do the real swim workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment