Tuesday, February 14, 2006

continuous improvement

[2/14/06 Tuesday]
Swim - 3700yd, 1:06 - varied sets
Bike - 60 min - 17min warmup, 8 min climb in HR zone 3, 10 min recovery, 8 min climb in HR zone 3, 17 min cooldown
Abs(100)

I woke up at the crack of dawn and was done with all of this at 8:30am. I continue to amaze myself that a two hour workout is pleasantly tiring but is no big deal, and I can keep it up indefinitely with only one rest day per week. When I did the exact swim workout I did today back last July, it took me 1:28 and I wrote a note to myself that my arms were "very tired" afterwards. Clearly I have improved a lot since then since I have gotten 22 minutes faster and do not feel particularly tired, either physically or mentally. One of the things I love about training this way is that I consistently see improvement. I have been improving ever since I first started working out 7 years ago, and I continue to do so all the time.