Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Road Trip 1000

I am driving from Austin Texas to Madison Wisconsin this week. It's 21 hours sitting in the car and a lot of time for my muscles to get very stiff. So, I made up this workout that consists of 1000 repeats over the course of 15 hours for my first day of driving. I will do one round of the workout every 3 hours when I am at a rest stop. All I will need is my jump rope and a bench or step.

I'm hoping that not only will this keep me feeling good, it will help keep me awake and having fun as I am driving though Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and into Illinois. I'll report back about how it goes.

The Road Trip 1000
5 rounds over the course of 15 hours (for total time):
20 jumping jacks
20 pushups
20 squats
20 burpees
20 bench dips
20 step ups (or box jumps depending on the height of the step I find)
20 mountain climbers
20 walking lunges
20 situps
20 rope jumps

1 comment: