Monday, April 26, 2010

Week in Review

Monday - REST

Tuesday - Run 7.5 miles with 1 mile, 800, 400 hard... and then crash.

Wednesday - REST - sick with low grade fever and aches... heading towards overtrained and worn down? maybe.

Thursday - Bike 60 minutes (easy with race pace pickups), Swim 3000yd (58 minutes), Strength: 5x10 [pullups, pushups, box jump, wall ball]

Friday - Run 5 miles easy, travel to race

Saturday - Run 3 miles easy

Sunday - Lonestar 70.3 Race, Galveston TX - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run

This was week 11 of 20 Ironman training. I think I am starting to spin my wheels - too tired to knock out high quality workouts, but still trying. My body forced me to take some extra rest by getting sick. Between sickness and tapering for Galveston, I don't feel like this week was very productive in terms of training quality. However, the race was a good rehearsal for Ironman, so all was not lost. With 9 weeks left, it's time once again to step back and reboot my body and mind. Things are going well but how could they go even better? What do I need to focus on most? How do I motivate myself to keep training strong twice a day? Mile 12 of a 20 mile race is when the fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment